We care about your privacy and as a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us. We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO. We are required by law to disclose this information to the relevant regulators and detailed information on this can be found on your enrolment form and by reading the relevant Privacy Notices and Policies.
You can view the relevant government privacy policies using the links below:
WiseClick Training is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all clients, students and other persons that we have dealings with. This document sets out the specific policies that we follow when collecting, storing and using personal information that we may collect and hold on individuals as part of our business operations.
All staff, whether full-time, part-time, casual or contractors are expected to be familiar with this policy and to comply with it at all times. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal
We will only collect information from clients or students where that information is:
(1) All hard copies of personal information are stored in secure locations and kept in locked cabinets when not in use.
(2) Electronic information is stored on either:
a) computer servers where access is restricted (by passwords and other electronic means); or
b) on backup media stored in secure (locked) locations.
Access to personal information whether in hard copy or electronic form, is restricted to those who have a lawful right to access the information. This may include:
a) authorised staff members who require access to the information in order to discharge their duties; or
b) the owner of the information (in accordance with section 5); or
c) third parties where either:
a. the owner of the information has given express written permission for the information to be so released; or
b. where we are required by law to disclose the information.
(1) If any person on whom we hold personal information requests to see the information we will:
a) disclose the information as requested; and
b) comply with any reasonable request to correct any inaccurate information.
(2) The owner of personal information has a right to access their information and have inaccuracies corrected without charge.
(1) No document that contains personal information on any individual is to be disposed of until either:
a) the document has been thoroughly shredded; or
b) other appropriate steps have been taken to render the personal information contained in the document unreadable and irrecoverable.
(2) No hard drive or other electronic media that has been used to store personal information on individuals is to be disposed of until:
a) the media has been formatted to remove all information (where possible); and
b) the media has been physically destroyed so as to render it unusable.
(1) We will only use information we have collected for the legitimate purpose for which it was intended.
(2) We will not sell trade or rent anyone’s personal information to another party.
(3) Information will only be released to third parties in accordance with the provisions for access by third parties outlined in section 4 c).
Where we wish to send to any person unsolicited written or electronic messages that are of a purely promotional or marketing nature (such as special offers and the like) we will:
a) ensure that such messages are only sent to those who have given their consent to receive such messages from time to time; and
b) include in all such messages:
i. a clear notice that the recipient of the message may at any time withdraw their consent to receive such messages in the future; and
ii. an explanation of how to withdraw consent.
(1) WiseClick Training will take any breach of this policy by any staff member very seriously. Complaints of improper handling of personal information should be made in accordance with our complaints and appeals process.
(2) Information about our policies and procedures related to complaints, as well as forms to lodge a complaint are available from:
a) the front reception desk; or
b) by email request to [email protected]